The Cost Analysis page provides insights on past, current, and future cloud costs. Cost Analysis includes the following areas:
- Summary Line
- Account Efficiency Indicators
- Top Accounts
- Spend Analysis
The Summary Line is at the top of the page and includes:
- Month to Date Costs: The total cost of your workloads from the beginning of the current month to present.
- Projected Costs: The forecasted cost at the end of the month based on analysis of your usage pattern.
- Last Week Missed Savings: Savings that could have been achieved in the previous seven days using optimization of spot instances and reservations.
Top Account Spend Efficiency
The top 10 accounts in your organization are listed according to the greatest amount of Estimated Additional Savings (shown in US dollars).
Each cloud account is assigned an efficiency score based on current and additional potential savings. The bars displayed indicate the efficiency score per account. The Estimated Additional Savings indicates how much can be further saved by leveraging the use of spot and reserved instances.
Note: Efficiency is calculated as follows: Efficiency % = (Current Savings/Potential savings)*100
You can take the following actions to further optimize your accounts:
- View: To view a detailed breakdown of a specific account, click View. The Optimization page will appear showing detailed information to help you optimize the account.
- Connect: To connect an account that is not yet managed by Spotinst, click Connect. You will be directed to the wizard that connects the account.
This is a bar graph showing your top ten accounts by cost. The graph is based on the last 30 days of spend activity.
The Spend Analysis chart and table provide a breakdown of your organization’s costs. These tools help you govern your organizational, account, departmental or project costs by providing a detailed view of the historical, current, and projected costs.
The chart and table show the cost breakdown for each of the following:
- Cloud account
- Operating system
- Charge Type
- Usage Type Group
For example, if you click the Tag tab, the bars in the bar chart are broken down according to your tags, and the rows in the table display information per tag.
In addition, every tab can be further filtered by:
- Cloud Accounts
- Services (e.g., EC2, ECS, RDS)
The Spend Analysis table has an Amortized view switch, which is on by default. In this view, upfront RI payments are spread across the RI commitment length. This enables you to see costs in accrual-based accounting as opposed to cash-based accounting.
In addition to a breakdown of costs in the past and in the current month, the Spend Analysis graph provides cost projections by extending the current spending trends to the future. (The projections are not shown for the Charge Type tab.)
Spend Analysis Table
Below the chart, you can find the spend analysis breakdown in table format which can be exported to CSV.